Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coachtom
Reel Rookie

Duplicate Icons on my TV screen

I just set up my Roku unit and it seems that I have the all the icons that I have chosen show up 3 times on my TV screen. Does it have something to do that I am signing in to one Roku account with multiple units?

Is there a way to remove the duplicate icons from the TV screen?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Duplicate Icons on my TV screen

It doesn't have anything to do with having multiple units linked to the same account.  I would try unplugging the power for a few minutes and plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
coachtom
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion however it still didn't work for me. I am wondering if a restart the system will help

0 Kudos
renojim

Restarting from the Power settings is basically the same as unplugging it and plugging it back in.  I rarely suggest a Factory Reset, but this might be one of those times it's appropriate.  You can find Factory Reset under Settings->System->Advanced system settings.

Just checking, it's not just that if you scroll up or down you see the same icons as you wrap around, right?

makaiguy

@renojim wrote:

Just checking, it's not just that if you scroll up or down you see the same icons as you wrap around, right?

Good catch.  I never would have thought of that.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
coachtom
Reel Rookie

Yes you are correct that it is not only scrolling up and down but also wrap around. I did char with a Roku person and they said unplugging and factory reset is the same. I haven't tried the factory reset yet. The 2nd time I chatted online the tech told me that he is escalating up to see if they can help. No answer yets.

Thanks for your response. I still may try factory reset on one of my TV's.

0 Kudos
renojim

I really hope that someone from Roku didn't tell you that unplugging and factory reset are the same thing.  Unplugging and system restart are the same thing.  A factory reset is much different.

0 Kudos
coachtom
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately they did. I guess I will try the factory reset on one TV to see if that works. It will be interesting to hear what the escalation team comes up with a solution. Thanks again for your response
0 Kudos