Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Don’t waste money on any roku products

@pboyer53, you can watch local channels using some of the streaming providers (SlingTV, DirecTV, Philo, etc.).  However, it's not free and you have to do your research to see what's available in your area.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
pboyer53
Reel Rookie

i only got the roku hoping i wouldnt have to rely on the antenna. if i still need the antenna then i dont need roku. too much false info out there. roku will not replace your antenna

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@pboyer53, none of what you read is false.  As I stated, there are ways to get local channels with just a Roku device and no antenna.  But as I said, it will cost you money.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Agreed. Well, their speakers are absolute garbage anyway. They CONSTANTLY disconnect and you have to spend days getting them to work correctly again only to go through the same song and dance all over again. They should've stuck with TV's, your audio speakers and subwoofers are TRASH.

ferix

now roku decided that THEY decide what you can or cannot watch on your own TV. No more private channel, and say whatever you want, they do not give a .....

so basically my smart TV cannot do a lot more than any other TV plugged with cable TV.  (look at your guide and try to find a channel that might play something interesting)