Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamG1

Disturbing Images in Home Screen Ads

Jump to solution

Just to make the home screen ad situation more intolerable, there was a photo of a woman being tortured in the right-side ad space a couple of days ago, in an ad for the movie Hostel on Fawesome. I immediately deleted the Fawesome app, and if I still could, I would have given it a 1-star rating. Of course, Roku doesn't care about its customers anymore, but this is getting ridiculous. Is there any quality control with these ads? What is your major malfunction Roku?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disturbing Images in Home Screen Ads

Jump to solution

@AdamG1 

For the ads on the right hand side on your Roku Home Screen, you can filter these ads with a new "Hide" feature by highlighting the ad and pressing the (asterick) button on your Roku remote and select "Hide this ad".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@AdamG1 

For the ads on the right hand side on your Roku Home Screen, you can filter these ads with a new "Hide" feature by highlighting the ad and pressing the (asterick) button on your Roku remote and select "Hide this ad".

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In order to 'hide' an inappropriate ad you first have to see it and potentially have your kids exposed to it. That is NOT a solution. There should be a way to prevent these types of ads from being shown in the first place. Roku doesn't care about anything other than their ad revenue.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Emissary35 

"That is NOT a solution."

Until Roku implements a Profile type feature, can only do what you can do to filter unwanted/undesired ads.  As of now, only the ability to hide is available.