Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

Disgraceful commercial-Killing a BUCK!

As I was watching Boston Legal on July 12 in the evening, there was a commercial about an app for the phone that is a GPS. It had a gentleman in his gear for outdoor adventure. He proceeded to open the app, hike to an area and proceed to KILL A BUCK!!! How disgusting is that! Why do we have to watch the violent commercials for the stupid video games that kill, kill, kill. Now you are putting an actual Death on! Disgusting, repulsive, degrading, disrespectful. What else can I say to explain how AWFUL this is?? I hope I am not the only one that voices my opinion on this matter.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

Re: Disgraceful commercial-Killing a BUCK!

Correction:  It was July 11th that I was watching it.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jnor49, thank you for voicing your concern about this here in The Roku Community. Was it only on July 11th in the evening that you saw this commercial? We look forward to hearing back from you!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

"I hope I am not the only one that voices my opinion on this matter."

So was the deer a real deer or was it a video game deer?  A little unclear in your posting.

Also, with the rising prices of groceries, do you happen to remember the name of the app in case others may find it useful?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Jnor49 Were you watching The Roku Channel, or was it on some other channel? If it's not TRC, you're expressing your concern in the wrong place. If it was TRC, then fine. But if t were Paramount+, Hulu, or some other provider, then you need to contact the channel provider. 

Please clarify what channel you were using when you saw this ad.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

Yes Hector it was July 11th evening.

0 Kudos
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

This video was completely in real life. A real Buck was killed by an arrow and real blood. Disgusting!. I do not remember the app name and why would I after being so upset seeing this!

0 Kudos
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel Free f TV for you app is where Boston Legal is being streamed. That is where I was last night. Why are you questioning this as it is what I put on my original message?

0 Kudos
Jnor49
Channel Surfer

Sorry Dan, I didn't say in my original message that it was the Roku Channel. It was.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thanks for providing that information to us, @Jnor49. We appreciate the details so we can go ahead and investigate further. Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.