Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Inappropriate content listed as G, PG, Etc

Jump to solution

My four year old autistic son is obsessed with Minecraft however some of the things I've seen on here (Wildcraft, G rating) is extremely disturbing. 

It doesn't seem like there's a way to filter these things BECAUSE they are clearly rated incorrectly. I've seen serial killers (Michael meyers, IT clown) attacking people with knives, angry birds saying, "you're going to f****** die," etc

How can I block specific shows? I'd like to disable this content but how can I do that without disabling everything G rated? (If that's even possible)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disabling Inappropriate content listed as G, PG, Etc

Jump to solution

Hi @Annoyedafff,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I hear you about this situation. The Roku streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels. However, access limits can be configured based on ratings in specific situations:

• Set up ratings-based playback restrictions within The Roku Channel
  • Set up built-in parental control features on other popular streaming channels that offer these features
  • Configure your Roku TV to restrict viewing of programs on "over-the-air" broadcast television

See more information here on how to block content using parental controls.

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disabling Inappropriate content listed as G, PG, Etc

Jump to solution

Hi @Annoyedafff,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I hear you about this situation. The Roku streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels. However, access limits can be configured based on ratings in specific situations:

• Set up ratings-based playback restrictions within The Roku Channel
  • Set up built-in parental control features on other popular streaming channels that offer these features
  • Configure your Roku TV to restrict viewing of programs on "over-the-air" broadcast television

See more information here on how to block content using parental controls.

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.