Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaNadal
Reel Rookie

Default language for one show switched to Spanish and I cannot change it back to English.

I have one specific show that I've watched 9 and a half episodes of and my dog knocked the remote into my yogurt and I wiped the yogurt off of the remote and now the show is in Spanish. All episodes are now in Spanish. There is no option to change the default audio to another language. It's only this one show that is now in Spanish, but was not in Spanish before. I have tried everything to change it back to English, but this show on the Roku channel is the only one that has been changed and there is no way for me to change it back that I can find. Anyone know what to do? I did try changing the audio default language while watching the show before you suggest that. It says that there is no other default language available, which cannot be true. I can listen in Spanish and see English subtitles if I turn them on. It's really weird.

18 REPLIES 18
dswim2022

Re: Default language for one show switched to Spanish and I cannot change it back to English.

I just had the same thing happen with Dresden Files program in the Roku Channel.

Next episode suddenly changed language to Spanish and has no option to switch to anything but Spanish/Espanol.

Actually all episodes are now in Spanish.

The Roku Channel app did have an update on the last hour.  But didn't help

Tags (1)
LisaNadal
Reel Rookie

Re: Default language for one show switched to Spanish and I cannot change it back to English.

That was the show I was watching. I found it on Freevee for free and in English.

bobro
Reel Rookie

I have been watching Dresden Files and over weekend they changed to Spanish. No way to change back. Previous episodes watched in English now Spanish. All other episodes of other shows on Roku channel are in English.

cdbsrgo

I just had the same experience with Dresden Files. Great show, but I want to hear it in English which it has been playing in. Spanish is the only language option available in Options. What do I do? 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation by the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Rhcartwright
Reel Rookie

Dresden files changed on me as well.  I guess after a month the team cannot fix the problem

bobro
Reel Rookie

I agree, shouldn't take this long to fix. Especially when answer several years ago is in another column from an IT person telling how to fix Spanish to English for their tv series that messed up. I only had 3 episodes left so followed previous comment (Lisa) and watched rest on Freevee. 

0 Kudos

This just happened to me on Highway to Heaven! WHATS UP ROKU?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@lnandersonwhite 

As indicated by user @bobro , it is usually just recommended to see if the desired content is playing on another channel as these sorts of fixes take awhile (if ever is fixed).  The wrong audio track is currently included.

Highway to Heaven is playing on a multitude of other free channels currently (Filmrise, Plex, Pluto, Freevee, Tubi, Crackle, and others).

Try using the Search field from your Roku Home Screen to search "Highway to Heaven" to see these other viewing options.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos