Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbowman707
Channel Surfer

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

My parents and I are having the same issue, two different homes on two different roku devices.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Again, I PAID to get uninterrupted and more content.  I find myself going to YouTube just to get more than 10 minutes.  So if DW isn’t going to fix this, they need to return our money.  So how much longer...and will we get an additional days, weeks to our subscription?  

Sanity102
Streaming Star

A question.  This problem didn’t happen until I upgraded to annual.  Does anyone doing the monthly membership  having this problem? 

0 Kudos
Swolff0105
Channel Surfer

@Sanity102 you can access DW by adding the app to your phone or logging in via a computer.  Roku is just 1 way of accessing the app.  One workaround is to use the DW app on your phone and cast it to your TV via your roku device.  This is how some of us on the thread are getting around the roku problem.  

I’ve also noticed my local news app is now kicking me out so this isn’t isolated to DW.  I noticed this problem began for me after the latest roku software update.  

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Not all of us can cast to our TVs and if that's the excuse DW and Roku is using to drag their feet on fixing this then they don't deserve any more money from me. 

I don't take my car into the mechanic and they take their sweet time fixing it because they can just say well you can find another car to drive.

I do NOT subscribe to streaming services that only have a phone app or require to just watch on their website for that reason. 

Saky

Our Daily Wire is doing the same, most annoying!

tlittle4life
Channel Surfer

Open the DW app on your phone

select the show you want to watch. 
tap the cast to tv icon

you will see a list of devices on your network. You should see your roku on the list. 
select roku and you can watch uninterrupted. 
I have been watching Ben for 30 minutes. No crash. 
peace

Terry

0 Kudos
tlittle4life
Channel Surfer

Don’t forget to have the Roku Home Screen up on your tv.  Still watching. One hour n counting.  
woa! That Candice debate with the nasty blond comedian!

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I've tried that, Terry. I tried to figure it out in different ways for hours. To no avail. 

0 Kudos
tlittle4life
Channel Surfer

Sorry to hear that. It’s been running for over an hour now. 
I had tried casting with AirPlay and it worked but the audio was out of sync.  
casting to the Roku seems to be working fine.  
Hang in there. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.