Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

Did a Roku agent tell you to do that? That's all they seem to know how they do. They know full well their new operating system caused the issue. Instead of taking ownership of it, they just have customers just jump through hoops they know won't work. 

Jiyoad
Reel Rookie

Yes, I agree. This is a very quick solution. I was very happy with Roku to have the Daily Wire app, since my samsung tv didn't have it in their OS. Now, though, I'm not so confident Roku wants to keep the conservative subscriber base that they had definitely accrued in the past year. My guess is that someone sabotaged the app through Roku in hopes that people will stop watching the app. However, news flash, Daily Wire watchers have to search for the app to have it on their device already, and the people who watch it are loyal viewers, fix this Roku or another conservatively minded company will rise up and take customers from you.

0 Kudos
Jiyoad
Reel Rookie

Yeah I figured this was on Roku's end. All these companies don't realize that as Daily Wire listeners, our favorite channels frequently remind us that established tech companies from all across the market are actively trying to break up conservative media outlets in hopes to push their own agendas, or because they just don't like them. We know it's on your end, Roku, fix this.

Tricho

3 weeks and counting and I still have this problem as well.  It's a ROKU software problem, none of my other devices exhibit this issue. 

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Has anyone tried Amazon fire stick?  If the issue is roku, then maybe a different streaming device?

Swolff0105
Channel Surfer

Keeps happening to me too on BOTH of my devices.  I really hope this isn’t intentional.  It does seem a little strange that this problem has persisted for 3 weeks (based on the original post) and there is no update from Roku yet...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! We're very sorry to hear of the troubles.

Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I made them aware of it after it started happening on April 11th and they blew me off. That's Roku for you. 

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@Sanity102 ,

The Daily Wire app is not available on the Fire TV platform.

Sanity102
Streaming Star

Not compatible or just not listed?  DW wasn’t listed on roku but I could “add”.  I’ll also need to add rumble.  Btw, I spoke to an Amazon tech who told me I could but I’m not sure he understood me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.