Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianmh1972
Reel Rookie

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

This is an issue with the ROKU update. It used to not do this. 

DKprogramming
Reel Rookie

Now you're beginning to get it, Randoodle. Mary from Roku and Josh from DW are from the planet Robot. If not physically at least in function.  They are there to give you hope, calm you down. Keep you from cancelling or tossing their equipment.  They calm, delay, obfuscate.

I gave up after the second response - I noticed they were completely unaware of what I had previously said.

Neither party is moving to correct this with any focus or speed. I know this because I have a company that writes applications and we could have written the OS and the app by now. Twice.

Life is short. If they aren't interested neither am I. So I'm changing my streaming system and asking for a subscription refund. I'll read their books.  Its been educational.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I particularly like it when I get a response from somebody from DW and they ask me for information that not only did I include in my first email but they quoted the answer they are looking for in their response.

At least that was my experience with Jessica.

She asked me to email the models I used, but I included all that info in the first email to them.

I honestly don't think bots are responding to these things, but maybe they are limited to what they can write with canned scripted responses. 

I also want to add... for all the complaining about DW through all this, where have the Roku employees been? Nobody has responded from Roku to this issue for pages.

From what I've seen they haven't taken any responsibility for owning this issue and accepting the fact that their terrible OS update was ill planned, ill researched, and not compatible with current apps on their platform.  Bot or not, we've gotten responses from DW. We've gotten jack from Roku. And that says a lot.

I really hope when DW's exclusive contract is up with Roku, they expand to other streaming services, other options. Because being beholden to this horrendous company isn't the best thing for them, IMHO.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

"But I think it's pretty hard nosed and obstinate to get mad at anyone for proposing a work around solution."

Like literally nobody here was getting mad at people for suggesting this as a work around.

And nobody in this entire thread has called anybody else names except you.

So take that as you may...

And I take your response in reply to me as it follows my comment about how it feels we are being expected to jump through hoops to come up with a work around. 

Roku has certainly never stepped in to aide anybody with the screen mirroring on their devices. I am really surprised they haven't chimed in now and then on this. They have possibly the worst customer service of any company I've experienced. 

But stop with the name calling. If you can't be constructive, then don't contribute. I never attacked any users here. The frustration is completely with DW and Roku period. 

0 Kudos
revzman123
Channel Surfer

I have been "emailing" with the Daniel bot. I put emailing in quotes because I literally sent them like 4 emails and got back a "are you still having this trouble? we sure are busy!" and every reply of mine since has gone unanswered. It's really frustrating to have paid extra money specifically to watch Ben, et al. only to be ignored after they took my cash. I mean, I guess it's cool that I got my Leftist Tears tumbler on time, but still guys, that can only go so far. If their email support was even slightly responsive, I would move on but this thread has given me more insight in 8 hours than I have in weeks with DW. Maybe we can all crash their Discord if they have one or spam them on Twitter a few times a day from all of us.
revzman123
Channel Surfer

Do we really need someone else from Roku uselessly telling us to remove and reinstall the channel again? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I like the idea of Twitter. We should all send the link to this thread to Jeremy and Ben once a day until this is fixed.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

I placed a comment regarding this issue in the comment section of Michael Knowles YouTube video.  I hope to do so to Ben’s and Matt’s.  If they actually read the comments, maybe that will get it to the right people.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Here's what I wrote to Knowles, Ben, Matt's videos

Paid for an entire year of DW service, only to have it crash every ten minutes. There is a whole thread in Roku where others are also complaining of this issue. We’ve sent tons of email to support @ dailywire and nothing has been fixed. Ok, so will we be getting a refund and/ or our subscription extended while somebody fix this mess? It is hugely frustrating to have paid for something to get more content, only to have to go to free to us YouTube just to get more than 10 mins of uninterrupted viewing.

Sanity102
Streaming Star

So if it's Roku, how does this get fixed?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.