Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

I like that plan, too. 

We know somebody with DW reads the comments, because they select some of them to read on shows.

If enough of us do it, they can't ignore it. I have also left comments myself.

As far as if it's Roku's issue... somebody earlier said DW is responsible for making sure their app works on the OS system for Roku. Which I agree with partially, but if Roku releases an OS update that doesn't work with one app, and that app was working before the OS update, then I guess I fail to see how the onus is on DW. Sure, they may have to fix their app to work now on the new OS going forward, but did Roku let them know this was going to happen ahead of time and gave them a chance to fix the app before the OS rolled out? Or did they just roll it out without any regard to whom it affected and washed their hands of it once it was done?

No, we don't need another Roku employee telling us to uninstall and reinstall. But answering some of these questions? Yeah, they should be doing that.

0 Kudos
n2relaxn2

It's happening with Fox News.....I have to log into my provider every time I try to watch.  It's ridiculous.  This never happened before this past year. 

0 Kudos
n2relaxn2

Right....all of your customers are complaining about the problems with Daily Wire...and YOU. Roku, tell them basically to take care of it themselves.  All it would take is ONE call from you to the Daily Wire....instead of numerous calls by your customers.  YOU CARRY THE CHANNEL....you should be taking care of it.  THAT IS WHY WE ARE USING YOUR SERVICE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

Hey Wireheads,

My Roku 3 has a new version of the DW app - Version 1.11 Build 1.  I'm over 30 minutes into Ben with no problems with playback.

You may want to do a system update to see if you can pick up the new version and see if it works for you.  Please post your results.

P.S. - I can't speak to the numbering of the versions.  The previous version that did not work was 1.19 Build 1.

0 Kudos
ColtenKrauter
Reel Rookie

Alright!! It is working for me too!

0 Kudos
LordLiberty
Reel Rookie

Has anyone "fixed" the problem of getting dumped out of Daily Wire every 10 minutes?
Not going to play the games that are being suggested to delete the app and then re-download it; from what I've read that doesn't work anyway.

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@LordLiberty ,

Run a system update.  Hopefully, the DW app should update to Version 1.11 Build 1.  That version seems to have fixed the 10 minute problem.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Ok, going on HALF an hour without shutting down!  I went into Roku setting, system, update, check status.  Found updates available. It downloaded 10 updates INCLUDING DAILY WIRE.  I am sitting here on pins and needles.  Finished Michael’s, now on Matt’s.  Crossing fingers and saying a prayer!

0 Kudos
Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

Same here.  

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I have been able to watch Ben and Michael now with no crashes.

Finally our long national nightmare is over. 

I fully appreciate everybody on here adding their voice to the issue! I had been trying to get DW or Roku to take a closer look at this since after April 11th.