Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revzman123
Channel Surfer

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

That's amazing, they just ignore me when I've been emailing them for the past month now. I'm glad to hear something anyway.

Sanity102
Streaming Star

I know, I also get ignored, except once when a got the same reply that the issue was being resolved with an update.  I updated and it's still not working.  Let's hope this time, it does.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Is this the same Josh who told us a week or so ago that they had an update that would fix it?  We all eagerly installed the update...and nothing.  Sigh.  I hope this time they do fix it.  

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Josh will certainly be cancelled if this update he's touting as the solution by the end of the week isn't it.

And I just wanted to say as much as I appreciate other's suggestions to mirror our screen/cast our phone, I don't know why my phone can't do it. I can cast with apps, but just with an app and only videos already stored on my phone. It's very frustrating. But bottom line, even if you can cast, that's not a solution. We have to keep on DW to get this fixed. Using screen casting is like using a rental car while your car is in the shop. It's a nice temp work around, but it feels like people are jumping through hoops to get this to work. It shouldn't be this hard.

Cbowman707
Channel Surfer

While I hear you in your frustration, I, for one, didn't know about the screen cast or mirroring and it absolutely helped as a work around until DW gets it permanently fixed. No one is suggesting we don't address the root of the problem and ask DW to fix it. But I think it's pretty hard nosed and obstinate to get mad at anyone for proposing a work around solution. I am grateful for knowing about it!! Just try to consider the big picture here. DW is aware, they're working on it...stay calm and cast on until it's fixed. #breathe

0 Kudos
Investor
Reel Rookie

This is still not fixed.

Where is the workaround to allow us to roll back to a working version of the Roku OS?

0 Kudos
Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

There is a setting in iPhones Settings>General>AirPlay & Handoff.  I have mine set to automatic.  Maybe that will help you with the airplay work around until DW fixes the issue with their a Roku app.

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

I am beginning to think that Josh is a bot.

• All responses seem to be pre-canned.
  • Detailed troubleshooting I've provided is ignored.
  • There is never a "reply" that includes my correspondence.
  • I received the same email with identical wording promising "a fix at the end of the week".

Hopefully the fix does come and it works.

randoodle
Binge Watcher

@Investor ,

When the first version of Roku OS 10.0 rolled out for my Roku Ultra, it broke the DW app.  I was able to roll back to OS 9.4 using one of the Secret Menus.  Since then, there have been at least 3 additional updates to OS 10.0 and OS 10.0 has rolled out to other Roku devices.  All of those OS 10.0 versions break the DW app.  OS 9.4 is no longer available on the Secret Menu.  Unfortunately, we are stuck until there is a fix.

I have been using screen mirroring as a workaround.  It works OK mirroring from my Android phone or my Windows 10 laptop.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Omg, that makes sense.  Well we’ll see if we get this fix by the end of the week.  I still think, we should be compensated for the weeks of this issue.  Maybe that would encourage them to fix the problem.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.