Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geewilla
Reel Rookie

Crave app not working on Roku tv

It is the only app that will not open and allow me to sign in.  There is a button on my Roku remote for Crave, nothing happens.  I’ve been able to successfully log into both Netflix and Prime when clicking on those buttons; a QR code appeared.  I’ve been in a chat with Crave for the last hour with no resolution.  So frustrating and no refund!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Crave app not working on Roku tv

@Geewilla, where are you located?  Crave is only available in Canada.  Assuming you are located in Canada, if you search for "Crave" in the "Streaming Store" does it show up?  If not, then it's likely that your Roku account isn't associated with Canada.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Geewilla
Reel Rookie

My Roku account is linked in Canada, as is my Crave account;  interesting suggestion though.  Still no success adding Crave as a streaming channel;  it doesn’t even appear when searching.  Crave technicians are still working on the issue.  All solutions they’ve suggested have not solved the problem.  The only way we can watch anything on Crave, on our t.v., is via AirPlay from my iPad.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Geewilla, if Crave doesn't show up when you search Streaming Channels, there are only two possibilities:

1. You have a very old device that doesn't support the app (not likely).
  2. Your Roku account isn't associated with Canada.

That's it.  #2 is much more likely.  Unfortunately, the only way I know of to determine that your Roku account isn't associated with Canada is to search for apps that are only available in Canada.  You've done that and Crave isn't found, therefore I have no doubt that your Roku account isn't associated with Canada.

Maybe someone like @RokuCarly could verify what region is associated with your Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Geewilla.

Thank you for reporting this to us. I'd be happy to help you access the Crave app on your Roku Express and validate your Roku account.

I have confirmed that your Roku account is associated with Canada, and it appears that your subscription is directly linked to Crave. To confirm, have you activated your Roku Express outside Canada? It may be possible that the network connection you've connected to your device has detected the location where you activated it. 

If this is the case, you won't be able to search for available channels in Canada even if you use the email address associated with your Canadian account. It will matter on the location where you've activated your device.

Kindly confirm where you've activated your Roku Express so we can assess your concern better.

Furthermore, thank you for tagging me @renojim.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.