Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orgbrat

Closing Channels Navigating to Home

Jump to solution

I own a ROKU Ultra 4K and 2 ROKU Express 4K+ devices so I am trying to make sure that no unnecessary streaming data is happening. I wanted to know if when you navigate to the "Home" screen does all open channels close and streaming  is stopped so NO data is added to your Internet providers allowed bandwidth. 

I understand the ROKU devices stay on but when at "Home" screen there is minimal data being transferred.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Closing Channels Navigating to Home

Jump to solution

@orgbrat wrote:

I understand the ROKU devices stay on but when at "Home" screen there is minimal data being transferred.

Yes, returning to Roku home screen stops channel app streaming activity.  The daily check for updates can result in some minor data download.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@orgbrat wrote:

Yes, returning to Roku home screen stops channel app streaming activity.  The daily check for updates can result in some minor data download.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@orgbrat -

One quick afterthought.

If you have a Roku screens saver configured to come on after a period of inactivity, some of these scroll, have some animation, or include options to show time and weather, etc.  These could possibly use a small amount of data.

0 Kudos