Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjlarosa55

Closed Captions issue with Paramount Plus

Just wanted to add that I too have been having a Closed Captions (CC) issue with Paramount Plus on one Roku device in my house, watching Start Trek Discovery. Subtitles are often working at the start of show show, and then after a few minutes I realize they have disappeared. I can go to Roku settings and enable subtitles (even though Roku thinks they *are* already enabled) and when I go back to Paramount Plus they are working again. I plan to try the factory reset today (June 21,2023). - Frank

5 REPLIES 5
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU Audio track for one show and some (CC) not respected Paramount Plus ONLY

As I mentioned in the thread I started, my and other similar issues appear to be random injection attacks.  By this, I mean the hacker intercepts the stream randomly and injects the code. The bad news for us was that the code would continue interfering until it was removed. The good news is if this is a variant of our attack, the factory reset should get rid of it, and because it is a random attack, you're unlikely to get hit with it again.

The bad news is that your attack is different. A factory reset can only determine whether this is a similar attack. If the Reset removes the problem and it doesn't reappear, that should be the end of it. If the problem reappears after the factory reset, you should contact Roku and Paramount again and give them the information about your device.  When a factory reset eliminates an issue, it's difficult to determine the injection's source, and little can be done.  Solutions can only be developed for persistent and recurring problems.  Good luck!  (Note: I do not work for Roku or Paramount) I'm only a concerned white hat! 🙂

0 Kudos
fjlarosa55

Re: ROKU Audio track for one show and some (CC) not respected Paramount Plus ONLY

ZenMasterChip,

Good info. I'll re-post after the factor reset. I've hesitated because I expect it may forget all my passwords, But will definitely do it and see what happens.

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Roku is very Factory Reset friendly. Depending on which apps you use, many settings for access, such as authentication and passwords, are handled by Roku. That is for most, but not all apps.  I found the process surprisingly easy. I could have been lucky. Roku automatically loaded and installed most of the apps I used previously, then authenticated and logged me in.  You must do it for apps Roku cannot handle, usually independent payers (ex: not through Roku).  This generally required installing the missing app, logging into the app's website on your phone and providing the app's website with the code provided by the login section of the newly installed app in Roku. Most of us have done this before.  This handled all my other exceptions.  The whole thing took me around five minutes. 🙂 Good luck!

Chip

0 Kudos
fjlarosa55

Thanks! I feel more confident now..

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

Happy I could help! 🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.