Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Re: Closed Captions get turned off

Jump to solution

same problem here but the roku "experts" can't help and give incorrect solutions.

0 Kudos
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i have to do this a couple or more times a day and Roku can't seem to help me.

0 Kudos
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey, if it works to do it that way... Although it seems to discriminate against the English readers.

0 Kudos
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It happens on Sling TV too.

0 Kudos
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We all ain't stupid. It has just recently started to happen and your customers didn't do anything to screw it up.

0 Kudos
JonMack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wish they had English speakers (writers) to answer questions instead of someone in some foreign country. Wanna bet I get censored.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JonMack

Thanks for your post here in Roku Community. 

We would like to know more about how we can help. Could you provide us detailed information about the issue you are seeing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Tried all the solutions including factory reset( twice) but still everything has closed captioning

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @je123486654

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. To better understand the situation, could you provide more details of your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? 

Please keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
dwmc2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We recently got a Roku system update, so I did some testing. 

I rebooted the Roku and checked the Closed Caption (CC) status.  It was set to Always On.  (correct).  I then switched to our six most often used channels one at a time and checked the CC status after each switch, and the CC status was always on.  That led me to believe that switching channels (apps) was not causing the CC status to change.  (Note, however, that I did not actually select a movie or program and watch it on each channel.)   It seemed possible that the Roku update had fixed the problem.  

However, a few days later the CC status had switched to Off again.  

Until Roku fixes the problem, the best suggestion I've seen is the one using the '^' button to switch languages and back.

0 Kudos