Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3cats

Chrunchyroll subtitles on Dragonball Z

recently on Crunchyroll watching dragonball z the dubbed version is using subtitles. All my subtitles are shut off on everything. According to what I’ve found only the original version should have the subtitles. They recently just started doing this and I can’t get them to go away. Anyone know how to fix this or have this issue!? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Chrunchyroll subtitles on Dragonball Z

Hi @3cats

Thanks for the post.

For your subtitles issue with the Crunchyroll channel, we recommend contacting their support team directly for more information and better insight into how their channel works on Roku. They'll be the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@3cats-

The Roku default method of accessing your CC setting is to press the * key on your Roku remote while viewing the program and examining the options presented.   But more and more channels are not using the Roku default but substituting their own method of access -- I'm guessing this is so they will have consistent controls with versions of their app running on platforms other than Roku. 

I don't know about Crunchyroll, but often these options are accessed by pressing the up and/or down cursor control key while viewing the program to pop the channel's own control options up as overlays on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Corinthos

Never find a way to fix? Seriously only series I am having this issue with and not on dragon ball or gt. Sucks I just renewed 3 days ago and finished dragon ball today and now got this annoying **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Corinthos

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.