Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windancer2
Reel Rookie

Channel grid changed from 3 columns to 4 columns?

All of the sudden my channel icons grid changed from 3 columns to 4 columns.  Is this something new or is the Roku malfunctioning?  Whenever I try to move a channel tile in the grid, many times it buffers too long or uploads continually saying "Please wait..."  Then the channel doesn't stay in where I moved it to!  How to fix this malfunction?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel grid changed from 3 columns to 4 columns?

Hi @Windancer2,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

Please be advised that the four columns of channel tiles are part of the new update to Roku.

We appreciate you providing your feedback regarding this. Meanwhile, please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it will fix the buffering issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pepper

Re: Channel grid changed from 3 columns to 4 columns?

Hi,

Had the same happen to my Roku Sound bar. Went from 3 columns to 4, about a month or 2 ago.  Which I really liked. Just a day ago (November 30, 2023) the Roku changed back to 3 columns.

Is there a way to stay at 4 columns? If so where in Settings do you make the change? If not, how do you request a new feature that lets you adjust number of columns? When you have 55- or 65 -inch TV it is nice to see more channels displayed. You certainly have the screen real estate to do this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.