Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fawnmc
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

I too just found the setting to make icons large -  This is definitely new - and evidently Roku listened to us.  Nice to know and thank you Roku!!!!   Go to settings - Home Screen - Tile Size - Select Larger

awesome!

st11x
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately, I was subscribed to this thread, the tiles went back to the 4x4 yesterday and I would have been disappointed if I didn't know this.

Thanks for the option. The default should have been set to the way it was at 3x3, or maybe a pop up "What's New" each time new features are added during an update if you want to force the 4x4 on the majority. 

56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

I want to thank Roku for listening to its customers for giving us the option to have either the 4x4 or the 3x3 icons. I also want to thank all of you who let Roku know that we were not happy with the changes. If only a few of us had complained, then they wouldn't have taken us seriously. 

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Was this a minor update, &/or in a change in the build #?

RP08
Binge Watcher

Minor Update. Still on build 4178-c2.

melindaw17

There is no option for tile size in my Home Screen settings. I really want the smaller app icon sizes. 

Clarkembree
Reel Rookie

Yeah, the option seems to have disappeared... 

mesal71

Hi Chel, 
I personally liked the new 4 icon per row and suited my taste and preference and today it changed back to 3. So if adding an option for icon preference is being considered, I would support that addition.

RP08
Binge Watcher

Checked this am, and while my tile size is sill on the large (thankfully), it does appear the selection option is gone. Hopefully Roku is just working out some kinks and it will return soon.

0 Kudos
vlv
Reel Rookie

While I understand many users don't like the smaller channel icons, I happened to like them. I noticed yesterday that we are back to the larger icons. Roku limits customization of the home page to just moving channel icons, however, it would be great if you allowed your customers to select the smaller (4 channel icons on a row) or larger (3 channel icons on a row) icons on their home page. Something to think about. Thanks.