Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaard
Reel Rookie

Cannot sign into Plex account on Roku Ultra

I was gifted a Roku Ultra a few months back and finally got around to setting it up.  Each time I try to sign in to Plex using either my user name or email it tells me that it couldn't authenticate the user.  I have an Nvidia Shield Pro in another location and Plex works fine there.  As well I am still able to connect to the web app on my computer and using the app on my phone.

I could desperately use some suggestions.

TIA

The Plex webapp also seems to recognize that the Roku Ultra exists, but tells me I can't stream content to the connected player when I try to cast to it.  This works on the Shield.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot sign into Plex account on Roku Ultra

If no one here can help, you might have better luck in the Plex forums:

https://forums.plex.tv/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shaard
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot sign into Plex account on Roku Ultra

There are two effing tilde options in the special character entry!!!!!!  And they aren't beside each other!  I only discovered the second one while I was sitting closer to the tv and being frustrated about this.  One tilde sits high, and the other one is centred, top to bottom.  Was able to login now.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.