Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot sign in to Paramount+

Jump to solution

I don't know about anyone else but I can't get the Paramount+ channel to work it keeps saying not available in this region even though I can access it on my phone, I have tried updating I have tried restarting, and when I try the Roku channel I get to different payment options but no option to login and I don't want to subscribe again when I already paid for a year account, I have been trying for a couple of months and the best I can do is airdrop from my phone to the Roku but it sucks because I can't use my phone for anything else and its probably not good for the battery. any other help would be great!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tomrubyc,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this and we're to help.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.
We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peteduncan

Jump to solution

I just recently had an problem signing in to Paramount+ on one of my four televisions, each using a Roku streaming stick.  I am signed up for "Paramount+ with Showtime" through my Roku account, and the app was working fine on three of my four systems.

Solutions that did not help included powering down the Roku stick, doing a "Restart" via the Roku Settings, and removing and reinstalling the Paramount+ app.  Attempting to reinstall the app was leading to a screen that invited me to sign up for a new account.

After eventually doing a "factory reset" on the Roku streaming stick, I was able to get the Paramount+ app working.

Worth noting is that there are two different Paramount+ apps that can be added to the Roku channel list.  One of these is labeled "Paramount+", while the other is labeled "Paramount+ on The Roku Channel".   

In my case, it was necessary to choose the one labeled as "Paramount+ on The Roku Channel".  (The other "Paramount+" option still wants the user to sign up for a new account.)

Problem solved!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.