Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to Cineplex App

I am trying to login to my Cineplex account on Roku and when I enter my email and password, I get "failed to register new device" and am unable to login for some reason. I removed the app and reloaded it, but that has not resolved the issue. Has anyone experienced this in the past and have any tips on how to resolve?

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot login to Cineplex App

@VanessaCote-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
BRMC
Reel Rookie

yeah ive been trying all day. i can get in on my phone and laptop fine but the roku app is a problem. now im getting 'failed to register new device'. ive been using this at least a couple years now, so its hardly new. only thing. I'm currently on a 4 hour wait with cineplex

0 Kudos
TOtrees
Reel Rookie

I’m also having this problem today. Any resolution?

0 Kudos
Meganrutledge
Reel Rookie

First time using this app and in the middle of the movie it kicked me out and is now saying "failed to register new advice".  So not just you, I've deleted, downloaded, restarted.. nothing.

0 Kudos
BRMC
Reel Rookie

You have to delete it off MY DEVICES off your laptop. And every time you log in. There's no other way around it

@Meganrutledge wrote:

First time using this app and in the middle of the movie it kicked me out and is now saying "failed to register new advice".  So not just you, I've deleted, downloaded, restarted.. nothing.

You're supposed to get that problem only if you have 5+ accounts registered. I only had 2 devices

0 Kudos
TOtrees
Reel Rookie

We’ll that all seems rather silly. 
I’ll be avoiding Cineplex for a bit then. More money to YouTube. 
thanks to both of you for your info, nice to know I’m not doing anything incorrectly, at least. 

0 Kudos
Meganrutledge
Reel Rookie

I've never logged in anywhere else...I just created the account tonight directly on roku.  But I'll go to the website on my phone and see if that works. 

Hmclean

I am absolutely having the exact same issue.  Removing the app, reloading it, etc has not resolved the problem.

I can access Cineplex through my phone or my Laptop, but not the Roku App.  Watching Netflix instead.

karmapet

Same issue.  I don’t have the app on any other devices.  I’ve deleted on the Roku and restarted.  I still can’t get in.  Help please?  I have a balance on my Cineplex account I’d like to use 

0 Kudos