Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aguilaj10

Can't install apps available in México

Hello

Last year I bought two Roku TVs (brand is JVC) in México, I was able to install apps like HBO Max, available in México, after some months the app was automatically uninstalled. Now I cannot install it again, it seems that ALL accounts I've created have US apps only. I also have a Roku TV in Denver, CO. So I need support for both countries, I spend my time between the USA and México.
I'm sure I need two accounts to have proper region/country, I do have two accounts, my wife also created one in an attempt to have a Mexican account, but still we see the content from the USA, although, the account was created in México (I guess it's IP related).
Anyway, could somebody tell me how to change my region/country? Or can someone change it for me?
The email related to the account I'd like to use in México is aguilaj10@yahoo.com.mx

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan Sánchez Muñoz

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't install apps available in México

It's far too easy to create an account in the wrong region.  I think it has to do with browser cookies.  Assuming you're physically in Mexico, try creating a new account, but use a private or incognito browser window and go directly to https://my.roku.com/signup without searching for it.  I don't know of any simple way to identify the region of an account, although there is a way that channels/apps can query the region of the current user.  You may want to close the account created by your wife if it appears that it's in the wrong region.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos