Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catlubber

Can't get Fox local affiliate to download

Hello - I live in Washington, right near the border between Washington and Oregon.  When I first moved here my local TV provider (Spectrum) provided channels from both Seattle area (CBS, NBC) and Portland area (ABC, local FOX affiliate).  I have since changed providers to YouTubeTV and have tried to get the Portland FOX affiliate channel, to no avail.  A computer 'genius' suggested I try adding the channel with my ROKU account.  So I did a search for FOX12Oregon.  It came up and it confirmed that I was indeed adding the local Portland FOX channel (KPTV).  However - when I try to access that channel, it shows content from a different FOX affiliate somewhere back east I think.  HOW to access the Portland affiliate as it confirms when I download it?  I tried changing my default geo area to Portland but systems won't allow it I guess.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get Fox local affiliate to download

Hi @Catlubber

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are having trouble downloading the Fox local affiliate on your Roku device, there are a few things you can try:

• Check for app updates: Make sure that your Fox app is up to date. Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Fox app, and select the "Options" or "Settings" button. From there, select "Check for updates" to see if there are any available updates.
  • Check your network connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and that your network connection is stable. You can test your network connection by going to the Roku home screen, selecting "Settings," and then selecting "Network."
  • Restart your Roku device: Try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source, waiting a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. This can often resolve issues with app downloads and other issues.
  • Contact Fox customer support: If you've tried the above steps and are still having trouble downloading your local Fox affiliate, you can contact Fox customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your account and device settings..

Warm Regards,
    Lianna

0 Kudos