Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wheresmurphy_43
Reel Rookie

Can't find Westworld on Roku app

I recently saw a post online saying that Westworld was now streaming on Roku but when I search for it on the app I don't find any results. Has anyone else been able to find it? Any tips or tricks that I'm not aware of?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can't find Westworld on Roku app

My JustWatch app doesn't show it really available for free anywhere other than DirectTV. You can buy the seasons on various services.

0 Kudos
Wheresmurphy_43
Reel Rookie

Hmmm ok, I was just going off the information I saw posted on this article. 

Thanks for the response 

https://www.engadget.com/westworld-and-other-canned-hbo-shows-are-now-streaming-on-roku-for-free-183...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Wheresmurphy_43 

Looks like Westworld and some others shows will be coming to the Roku Channel linear channels (LiveTV) under a new WB TV-themed category. (source: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/westworld-f-boy-island-among-211706738.html)

Westworld should become available on the "WB TV Watchlist Channel" inside the Roku Channel LiveTV.

The WB TV Watchlist Channel is channel 295.

I see Westworld playing on April 10 starting at 10:00pm (MT) from within the guide. (Season 2, episode 6 through Season 2, episode 10).  

To see all of the below WB offerings, perform a search for "WB" or "WB TV" from your Home Screen.  You will see a complete list of the new WB themed Live Channels available.

-----

WB TV All Together: Programming includes family-friendly TV hits “Head of Class,” “Better With You,” and “Eight is Enough.”

WB TV At the Movies: A mix of classic films from the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s, including “Born to Be Wild,” “Matchstick Men” and “Joe Versus the Volcano.”

WB TV Crime Scenes: Were to watch true crime series “Murder Chose Me,” “A Crime to Remember,” “Southern Fried Homicide” and more.

WB TV Family Rules: Series about real-life families, such as “Long Lost Family,” “The Little Couple,” “My Five Wives,” and more.

WB TV How To: For DIY junkies and fans of educational series: “How It’s Made,” “How to Build Everything” and “How the Earth Works.”

WB TV Keeping it Real: Must-see reality shows like “F-Boy Island,” “Legendary” and “Bachelor in Paradise.”

WB TV Love & Marriage: Programming includes “Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta,” “Four Weddings” and “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.”

WB TV Mysteries: Unexplained, unsolved, and unknown stories from around the world, such as “Mysteries at the Museum,” “Mysteries at the Monument,” “Off Limits” and more.

WB TV Paws & Claws: Reality pet programming that includes “Bad Dog!,” “My Cat from **bleep**,” “Too Cute” and more.

WB TV Slice of Life: Programming about real people, “Extreme Couponing,” “Breaking Amish,” and “Toddlers & Tiaras.”

WB TV Supernatural: Includes “Ghost Brothers,” “Paranormal Lockdown” and “Most Terrifying Places in America.”

WB TV Sweet Escapes: Baking competitions “Cake Boss,” “Cupcake Wars” and “Crazy Cakes.”

WB TV Watchlist: Here’s where the bulk of HBO Max’s original series can be found, including “Westworld,” “Raised by Wolves” and “La Femme Nikita.”

WB TV Welcome Home: The best of real estate and interior design: “Caribbean Life,” “Buying Alaska” and “Bahamas Life.”

-----

[EDIT] Here is more info from the Roku blog regarding Westworld and WB TV in which the Yahoo article was sourced from. https://www.roku.com/blog/warner-bros-linear-channels

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

CathyN

My searches turned up nothing but i accidentally ran into it on channel 295. I can tell you this is Wednesday at 9:30 pm. How long. What time it starts and what days it may be on i can't say. All other searches come up as paying for it. 295 it's free

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

HBO doesn't even offer it on MAX anymore. Since they own the content, that is surprising to me. They must have signed some very lucrative contracts to allow it on other streaming services. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Max dumped it during the big purge after the merger to save money. They probably have to pay lower residuals if it airs on non-demand ad-supported networks.

0 Kudos
capnkris

Great info. I just happen to have some time and decided to mark Favorites on my ROKU TV Streaming Channels...  I knew it was a lot, but it's way more than a lot. I had no clue that WB has so many channels. I wonder if any sites have attempted an online massive streaming channels schedule, that we could mark our favorites... I would actually be willing to pay a monthly subscriber fee. Somebody needs to make that money $$$.  Thank you for the detailed info. Happy 2024

0 Kudos