Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Net-Net
Channel Surfer

Can’t find 4k spotlight channel

I do not see 4k spotlight channel listed on my Home Screen and it does not come up when I search to add it. Any ideas as to why or how I can get it added? Thanks. 

18 REPLIES 18
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t find 4k spotlight channel

This channel?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/668fe23924b9ccd6c9c4071892a35b69/4k-spotlight

That is a link to the US channel store.  If you are not in the US, that link may not work for you.

0 Kudos
Net-Net
Channel Surfer

I clicked on that link on my phone and it comes up that it’s installed?? I don’t understand what’s going on. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Net-Net,

Thanks for the post. 

I'd be happy to take a closer look at this issue to see what's going on. The channel might be added during the activation process or added from the website. We suggest you update your Roku device and see if it helps. Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If you are still having an issue after following the update, please provide your Roku device's serial number and let us know what region you are located in so we can assist further.

For reference, you can visit our support page: How to add channels to your Roku streaming device.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Net-Net
Channel Surfer

Hi. Thank you for replying. It is a new bedroom tv and maybe somehow I missed it on initial set up. I have a tcl tv in another bedroom and it shows on its menu. I did the system update as you suggested and don’t see it. When I search for 4k spotlight it doesn’t come up on the list of channels. Do you need the serial number from the tv or is that if a separate Roku device? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Net-Net, is the new TV a 4k TV?  Is it linked to the same Roku account as the other TV (the email addresses that are displayed under Settings->System->About should match)?

@RokuNimfa-Cwould want the Roku serial number that's displayed under Settings->System->About (not the TV serial number).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Net-Net
Channel Surfer

Hi. It is a 4k tv and linked to my original acct. serial number on that screen is Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Net-Net

Thanks for following up.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update the Community thread.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Net-Net
Channel Surfer

How long does this take? It seems really ridiculous that this can’t be resolved after all this time. Why can it be seen on one tv and not another and on the Roku app it says it’s installed. Why can I not get it installed on the new tv? It should not be this difficult. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Net-Net

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. Will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.