Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheT-Man
Reel Rookie

CTV in Canada require subscription account to access channel?

Jump to solution

We are just setting up streaming and cutting the cord with Shaw satellite.

When adding channels to Roku, we are directed to ctv.ca/activate where we are then prompted to input our "provider" and given a list of cable/satellite providers in Canada.

Since we have not cacelled our Shaw service, I input my Shaw account info. Then, we are allowed to watch whatever the current Shaw account satellite subscription allows.

However, I read all over the internet that CTV is free to watch on Roku.

My question to the community is, will we be able to watch CTV channels once our Shaw subscription is cancelled.

It's really convoluted, to say the least.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CTV in Canada require subscription account to access channel?

Jump to solution

Hi @TheT-Man,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to access the CTV channel on your Roku and we will do our best to answer your question.

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to view the content available on their channel. CTV is a free channel that will allow you to access certain content without a TV or cable subscription, however, for complete access to all the content available on CTV, you will need to sign in with a TV provider.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheT-Man,

Thanks for the follow-up question.

In this case, you'd want to contact CTV support to inquire further about the channel's features and functionality as well as which channel/provider offers their service on the Roku platform. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheT-Man,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to access the CTV channel on your Roku and we will do our best to answer your question.

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to view the content available on their channel. CTV is a free channel that will allow you to access certain content without a TV or cable subscription, however, for complete access to all the content available on CTV, you will need to sign in with a TV provider.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheT-Man
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Mary....

Thanks so much for your quick and thorough reply; much appreciated.

We have the RiverTV streaming provider and they carry Global, but not CTV.

Would you know of a streaming provider that carries CTV? We can't seem to find one.

Cheers,

Todd

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheT-Man,

Thanks for the follow-up question.

In this case, you'd want to contact CTV support to inquire further about the channel's features and functionality as well as which channel/provider offers their service on the Roku platform. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheT-Man
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great!

Thanks for the advice.....I will move forward in that direction.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Todd

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there @TheT-Man,

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Have a great weekend and Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My provider is not listed on the lineup. It is  Cross Country Cable in Nova Scotia. What to do?

0 Kudos