Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sawyers81
Reel Rookie

CTV Geo constraint restrictions

I cannot get the ctv app to work. It either gives me a 5 digit code to sign in which I can seem to do without a provider or it tells me Access denied. Geo constraint restrictions. Can any help or has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CTV Geo constraint restrictions

@Sawyers81 

That indicates you are outside the service area. CTV is only authorized in certain locations, and either you are outside that area, or it thinks you are outside that area.

If you are outside, then it's working properly.

If you are actually in a service area, but the app thinks otherwise, you may need to contact your ISP.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sawyers81
Reel Rookie

I am in Ontario Canada so that shouldn’t be an issue you would think. I am with a very small rural internet provider so maybe that’s an issue.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I assume the Roku channel is related to https://www.ctv.ca

That website required me to sign in with a provider to access most things I tried to watch.  There were also some free episodes, but I hit the geo restrictions on those. (I’m not in Canada.)

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The Channel Store description states that "TV Service Provider Sign-In required" for a lot of content and features.  I'm not clear on what is available if you don't have a provider (usually cable or satellite).

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-ca/details/a3963b725a5e03dbd4b78b96cd08cb7b/ctv

Note to non-Canadian users:  if you click that link all Roku websites may think you're in Canada and you'll have to clear your cookies to fix it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.