Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ifranklin

Booted from streaming apps after less than 3 minutes of play time

My Roku is will exit a steaming app and go back to the main menu after less than 3 minutes of play time. It does this with all the apps. We have tried deleting apps, reinstalling, and restarting, but that hasn't helped. I tried switching the hdmi port and reseting the TV and turning off the wifi on the TV. Nothing has helped. I don't know what else to try. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Booted from streaming apps after less than 3 minutes of play time

Hi @Ifranklin 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
arc777

I had the same issue with a Panasonic TV I bought last week. Software and Apps were all up to date on Roku.

I’ve plugged into mains socket (not a USB) and it seems to have fixed the problem. I’m a bit surprised that the USB on a brand new TV (the port recommended for a hard disk) doesn’t provide consistent power when older TV’s have done but so far it seems to be the case.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @arc777 

We hope you're doing well.

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.