Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwormwood

Bold security violation!!!! Strangers unknowingly logging into my Roku Youtube.

I am living in a hotel and using my Roku on the hotel public network. When I open the Youtube App there are 15 strangers accounts to choose from as well as my own. I can sign in as any of them and use there account as though it is my own. I can see there subscriptions and watch history and delete or sign them up for subscriptions. I can see there email address and profile pictures. They have no idea they have unknowingly given me access to their private account. So who has access to mine without my knowledge?

It started last spring. While I am watching a youtube video on the app suddenly the video stops and a message pops on screen telling me I am signed in as a stranger. This can happen 2 to 5 times each night.  I would sign out of them and the account will disappear, but often later the same account would sign back in. This became inconvenient at the least and a major security violation. I went searching on the net for a solution and not found any help. 

I don't understand how this can happen.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Bold security violation!!!! Strangers unknowingly logging into my Roku Youtube.

Did you find a solution to this?  I have turned off 'Control by mobile apps', and disabled 'screen mirroring', yet I still occasionally see a strangers account beside mine when I access youtube.  I don't know what else to do.  Can't get help from Roku with this issue either.

0 Kudos