Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuluvol
Channel Surfer

Bloomberg app fails to play any content

New year issue with the Bloomberg app.  Live TV, Quicktake and all on demand content gives a playback error.  I have followed instructions for uninstall & reinstall. No luck. Am I alone on this one? Since the World News channel has gone, this is the best/only outlet for Bloomberg TV+ which we keep on in the trading office. 

10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bloomberg app fails to play any content

@zuluvol 

Installed Bloomberg on an Ultra 4660 and seems to be playing fine.

Bloomberg TV, QuicktakeTV (Both the LiveTV and On-demand)

-----

Did you Restart your Roku device between Removing and Reinstall of the Channel? (Remove, System Restart, Reinstall) in that order.

To restart Roku device/RokuTV, go to Settings and depending on model, Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
zuluvol
Channel Surfer

Sure did. Checked for system and app update, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. "Oops! This video could not be played. Please try again." for all content live or on demand. Contacted Bloomberg, no response. Bloomberg TV+ via the Samsung Smart TV works fine. Seems to be a issue on Roku. 

zuluvol
Channel Surfer

Fails for me on 4670X Ultra, 3931RW Express+ and 3810X Streaming Stick+

I did the uninstall/restart/reinstall on only the Ultra. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Bloomberg TV+ is available in the TCL Channel.

Why there's two in the Channel Store I have no idea:
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/89ab351868c3213e04e9f547d52d6cc4/tcl-channel
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/42fb6f6feea0b2d5c0d0a19f7f44835f/tcl-channel

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
zuluvol
Channel Surfer

Great call. Thanks for that. Didn't even know it existed! Back in business. 

Still have to wonder why Bloomberg app itself isn't working as it was prior to new year, for me anyway. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@zuluvol 

The Bloomberg channel/app on the Roku is playing a single ad before loading content.  If you have any ad-blocking software/pi-hole etc installed or enabled on network, it does seem to be throwing that error.

I keep forgetting that TCL has Bloomberg+ as mentioned by @renojim.  

If the above re: the ad-blocking is not applicable to you, you may have to change DNS settings at router or look at network settings.   Otherwise, viewing it through TCL is a good alternative and working if needing to watch through Roku rather than the SamsungTV app.

I do not have the Bloomberg channel installed on my devices normally, so do not know typical behavior of this channel but did notice error message trigger when enabling above.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
zuluvol
Channel Surfer

Another good catch. Something must have changed with the ad blocking on the Eero router we use.  Always used to see that ad, then the live stream. Turned off the ad blocking and Bloomberg app works again. Odd. I would also say that the TCL channel is a good alternative, I only have one device (so far) that says this channel is not available right now and cannot playback Bloomberg TV+.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

0 Kudos
JTELLIS

Same thing happens to me too. I can't watch Bloomberg on it's own app, or on the world news live app either. 

I have tried all the following, from all 3 tvs in my home: reported the bugs via remote using the asterisk, removed then reinstalled the channels and also restarted/rebooted my wifi and router... but alas, still no Bloomberg in this house. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @JTELLIS

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Bloomberg channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Bloomberg support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos