Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhornb
Reel Rookie

Bally Sports choppy audio/video and "Too much AV Skew" error.

I have a brand new Hisense Roku TV.  Since first use I am unable to stream Bally sports channel.  The video is choppy and out of sync with audio.  After a short time the playback stops and I get an error saying "Too much AV skew".  

I have several other Roku's and this is the only one that is a problem.  I plugged a Roku stick in the back of the Hisense TV and it works fine.  I have uninstalled the channel, rebooted TV, and reinstalled channel.  I have completed factorY reset of TV.  Whatever I do the problem persists.

Roku TV:  D205x

Hisense Model:  4Series-43

SN  x00700sghpwl

Software ver:  11.0.0-build 4193-cp

Device ID S07D721GHPWL

My return window closes Aug 6 can anyone help?

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bally Sports choppy audio/video and "Too much AV Skew" error.

@Jhornb-

If by "reboot the tv", you mean turning it off and back on you may not be getting a full reboot that goes through the complete startup process.

After uninstalling the channel, try restarting the TV via  Roku menu path Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart. This shiuld completely clear the momory so that you get a clean reinstall.

When the TV completes its startup reinstall the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jhornb
Reel Rookie

I have uninstalled Bally, used the Roku menu to restart TV, reinstalled Bally.  I have also completed a factory reset.  Nothing helps.  This problem is only with Bally.

Also-  The actual error shown is "Excessive AV Skew"

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jhornb

Thanks for the update. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Bally Sports support directly to report the issue and for further help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.
You can contact them here: Bally Sports Help Center

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos