Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
300Tarc300
Channel Surfer

BBC iplayer not loading 4K version on Roku Express 4K

Jump to solution

Just tried to watch World cup 2022 match on BBC iplayer (one on Sunday and one today)....both did not have the option to view in 4K. I have watched BBC iplayer in 4K before on my Roku Express 4K so my equipment can handle the 4K content.  Would be grateful of some help.  My Roku is 3940EU Build 4235 Sw version 11.5.0

Previously BBC iplayer Beta offered 4K content....Ihave tried Beta and standard versions of BBC iPlayer. Yes I have rebooted , switched off many times.

Any help welcome.

Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC iplayer not loading 4K version on Roku Express 4K

Jump to solution

@300Tarc300

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@300Tarc300

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
300Tarc300
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorted this, was my own fault...I had a sony AVR in between which does not support HDR, when connecting ROKU directly to my 4K HDR monitor it all works. Apologies for post.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.