Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingjp
Reel Rookie

BBC Iplayer Not Streaming Live Content

Jump to solution

BBC Iplayer is not streaming live channel content (Note - Live from Homepage works but Live content from channel listing does not) and keeps showing error code 02000

This is not a connectivity issue as I can stream live channel content on iphone and laptop.

Who needs to fix this BBC or Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC Iplayer Not Streaming Live Content

Jump to solution

Hello @minty2 @kingjp

We appreciate your input.

As @ RokuLianna mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to BBC directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach BBC's support: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am not sure if this falls under the same issue but my BBC America app stopped working last Friday. I emailed BBC America and got this response:

"Hi there, We're sorry you're having some trouble with that. ​ The BBC America app and website are not working. Our tech team is working on this and some related issues. However we do not have a timeline for a fix. We're improving and expanding the service as quickly as we can. Please make sure to check our apps for updates, as new features and bug fixes are rolling out frequently. To ensure you are always running the latest version, please delete and re-install the app and/or perform a Hard Refresh of website. In the meantime, please use your cable provider's TV everywhere streaming services (their app, website and set top box) to access content from these networks. Not the AMC app or website. Please let us know if you have any other questions. AMC+ Support Team For schedule updates and other AMC+ news, Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheGoodStuffAMCPlus/ Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/amcplus Like us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/amcplus Ticket: https://rlje.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/3826697"

So it seems that BBC America is having problems, not sure but this could extend to the Iplayer.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kingjp wrote:

This is not a connectivity issue as I can stream live channel content on iphone and laptop.

Who needs to fix this BBC or Roku?

It doesn't matter if it works on other devices, as they are using different apps written in a different programming language to access the content. Since BBC is responsible for their app/channel on Roku devices, it's something that they will have to address.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
minty2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here on 6 year old set top Rocku. Live streams on iPlayerstopped working recently with error code, all other content (including on iPlayer) working OK. 

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @minty2

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on iPlayer or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel iPlayer and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
minty2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I mentioned in my original post, only live streams on iPlayer throw up the error code. All other iPlayer content works correctly as do all other services I have installed (Now TV, Rakutan, Amazaon, Netflix, All4 etc). Live streaming on Now TV, All4, ITVX also working OK. I've not checked other live channels

I have tried deleting and reinstalling iPlayer but that hasn't fixed it.

Thanks

David M

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @minty2,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We would suggest checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and hitting the * button > Check for updates.

Once the channel has been updated, attempt to access the channel again.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
kingjp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lianna

Done all of that. It’s an issue that the BBC need to fix. I just haven’t been able to contact them. Can Roku get in touch with them. The issue is that their Channels are not playing live Error code 02000. If their is a link to a live stream on the Homepage that will play but if you go to the Channel menus the livestream won’t work 

minty2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, that accurately describes the issue I'm having with iPlayer on the Roku platform. It's a recent problem because it was working fine a few weeks ago. BBC (or Roku)  may have applied an update that broke iPlayer live streams from the channel list.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @minty2 @kingjp

We appreciate your input.

As @ RokuLianna mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to BBC directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BBC channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach BBC's support: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos