Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

Audio and video out of sync

Roku customer service indicates they have a problem causing xfinity app to have audio and video out of sync.

roku has not been able to supply an estimated fix date so I purchased a fire stick. I find it unacceptable that I have had xfinity app audio and video sync issue for weeks and roku is still unable to provide and estimated fix date.

In general I must say roku is not the way to stream.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Jmanley215
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio and video out of sync

Mine does this every 20 minutes or so. Have to go back to the Xfinity menu screen and then back into the station I'm watching. 

0 Kudos
SwEngineer
Channel Surfer

Same for me. I have been working with xfinity and roku on this issue. Roku seem to believe this is their issue and related to a server outage.

The reason I went with a fire stick is because I have had this issue for weeks (approaching 2 months), and roku can’t even provide an estimate of when the issue may be resolved.

if you ask me I would never buy a roku device or tv. I guess I also understand why sony does’t offer a roku tv.

I guess roku has no motivation to resolve issues. Follows the saying “buyer beware”.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have Xfinity, but if I did, that's what I would drop.

0 Kudos
coastalguy
Binge Watcher

I am finding out of sync audio to video also lately. I does not seem to relate to a specific Roku device or something I am watching. Last night, watching SkinWalker Ranch on my 65" inch TV powered by a Roku Sound Bar, this out of sync happened until I had to return to the main menu and then back again. Now this morning I am watching a podcast on my 32" TV powered by a regular Roku device and again, the audio and video went out of sync. This sure is annoying at best.

0 Kudos
Jmanley215
Reel Rookie

My Roku crashed a few days later and would no longer connect to the WiFi unless it was just a few inches away from the router. I have a feeling that a lot of these are wearing out. I bought a Google Chromecast, and couldn't be happier. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @coastalguy @Jmanley215,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your streaming device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • How are you powering the Roku device?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnrl

Out of sync on all channels.  Started 2 weeks ago.  SHOULD I DO A ROKU RESTART??

Model 3930RW

SN # x00400xne46d  Server 120 * build 4184-AE

device ID #S009 39 DNE 46D or 5009 39 DNE 46D

wireless mac

GC version 10.1.517

ID 6D-389-003

using ROKU remote

TV is Vizio

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Johnrl, of course you should do a "System restart" (not a "Factory reset").  It's no different than rebooting your computer or cycling the power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos