Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps tile issues missing?

Hi @Rkusr77,

Thank you for the update!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Could you send us a video clip or photo of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Many thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

Mdl 4230x, sn 4E652M051086, 

Can't find OS.

ID 86-058-597

0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

17075837737262969531137725651326.jpg

There should be over 500 tiles for movies & TV. There are others just like this. Tried power off/on, system restart. Same thing  happened before, see full thread. Tried several restarts, power off on, reset, none worked. Don't know why it worked briefly. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rkusr77,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

Streaming channels are either added to your Roku streaming player or Roku TV from the Roku Channel Store or by entering the content provider’s dedicated access code into your Roku account. If you can no longer find the channel in the Roku Channel Store or the access code no longer works, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform. Roku strives to create an amazing entertainment experience for our customers by offering access to thousands of streaming channels. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously. For more information, you can review our terms and conditions or reach out to the channel developer directly.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

Tiles shouldn't disappear, even ones I'm using. There isn't a roku channel store on roku. This is stupid.

0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

Please restore the tiles.

0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

please restore my tiles!

0 Kudos
Rkusr77
Streaming Star

These are major tiles or channels. More than 250 are missing from each sub apps category. 

0 Kudos
thegreyeagle
Reel Rookie

I too share your frustration, as at one time you could easily browse up to 1000 tiles in the Movies and TV section.    Not sure why they changed this, but at some point last year they trimmed up every single category to 200 or fewer tiles.  My only guess is that Roku wants better control over the channels people see.  Maybe they want to curb redundancy in apps or prevent some of the junk ones that would poke through on the platform.    If you really want a more complete list of apps that are currently available go to  https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/all-by-date

0 Kudos
thegreyeagle
Reel Rookie

Telling someone to factory reset a roku when the issue is not something that can be rectified by doing so is just a waste of the consumers time.  At some point last year Roku decided to limit each channel/app category to 200 or fewer listings.  It was an update that went through to all devices.  There is no amount of unplugging and restarting, and factory resetting that is going to change this.  Unless the powers that be want to change it back, this is just the way it is now. 

My guess Roku wanted to keep a better eye out for junk apps or apps that seemed a bit too redundant.  Which in hindsight is not a bad thing.  For people who aren't savvy, they start installing come of those channels and they open them up and they are glitchy, and or just lack content.  They get a bad impression of Roku, when roku didn't have anything to do with many of those channels/apps.  Trust me I know, there are dozens of channels I installed and then deleted immediately.  Sometimes it's just trial and error

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.