Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

Approved Channels do not appear

I just bought a new roku stick in Canada. My old roku has Crave and Cineplex, but the new one does not. I searched on the roku itself and on roku.com to add the app. They do not appear.

What's weird, is that my remote has Crave as one of the preset buttons. I know crave works with roku in Canada because my first device has it. My second device, bought in Canada has Crave on the remote!

Crave doesn't appear. Similarly, Cineplex works in Canada on my first roku, but it doesn't appear when searching on my second one.

Several other channels do work: Netflix, AppleTV+, Youtube

Please don't tell me that Cineplex and Crave don't work with roku in Canada. They work on my other device.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Approved Channels do not appear

Are you sure these are connected to the same account?  ie: settings -> system -> about has the same email address on all Rokus?

Because it really sounds like the new Roku thinks it's in the US.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

here is a photo of my remote. Crave doesn't show up in my channel search

Crave.jpg

0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

this is what I see when I search on the device

crave2.jpg

0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

same with GlobalTV and Cineplex. All three work on my other Roku device but don't show up with the new 4k stick

0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

Strega2, it has my proper IP address, proper email address, and I bought it in Canada. 

0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

The website advertises all of the channels I want, but they don't appear in my channel search
Roku3.pngRoku4.png

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@crosscountry511, you didn't really answer @Strega2 's question.  Does the device that has Crave available display an identical email address under Settings->System->About as the one that doesn't?  It really sounds like the new device was inadvertently linked to a US Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
crosscountry511
Channel Surfer

oh! it works now.

I initiated my account >10 years ago in the US, and it thought I was in the US. 

After a factory reset and a new account, I have the channels I want. Thank you!

0 Kudos