Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Apple TV: Ultra 'Reset' Necessary

Jump to solution

Hi Gang

About 3 years ago, I joined apple TV, then dropped the membership shortly afterward. Currently I was offered a 30 day free membership and I rejoined using a different email address (no problem using my 2nd Ultra). However my 1st Ultra seems to remember the older password data and consequently the 'Apple Sign In' page FREEZES, or doesn't allow me to add the new email address/data. Unlike using a Browser, there is no way to 'refresh' an Ultra (without loosing all my other channels and subsequent passwords).  Correct?

It seems the only way to refresh the apple membership data is to hit the RESET button on the Ultra? (And), I'm prepared to do just that ...

Thank you for the opinions ...

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV: Ultra 'Reset' Necessary

Jump to solution

Yep.  I know it's extreme, but when all else fails it's about the only thing you're left with.  You can always go back to the original Roku account if it doesn't work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Try removing the AppleTV app (highlight it on your Home Screen, press * on your remote, choose "Remove app"), restart your Ultra from Settings->System->Power ("System restart"; don't skip this step), and add it again from "Streaming Store" (or whatever they're calling it now).

Removing an app and restarting your Roku device should remove any data the app stored in the Roku registry.

0 Kudos
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello renojim

Thanks for your reply

No the usual App removal and re-install does NOT delete the old membership data.

(Tried it several times). Nope its time for a 'Wipe Out'

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@carpentermate, that's unfortunate.  If you do a factory reset, let us know how it goes.  I've seen people have to go as far as having to create a new Roku account and link to that to get around some weird persistent data issues.

0 Kudos
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello again renojim

Are you saying it 'might' become necessary to BYPASS/Dismiss the original Account Data (and) create an entirely NEW User ID Account?

Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Yep.  I know it's extreme, but when all else fails it's about the only thing you're left with.  You can always go back to the original Roku account if it doesn't work.