Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnL1
Channel Surfer

Anyone got Max working on Roku thru AT&T (connect your provider option)?

My streaming device is Roku Ultra.

5/23/23 HBO Max channel not working and after checking for update, it's updated to Max.  Max welcome screen launched with Renew Subscription and Connect Your Provider.  I chose Connect Your Provider and chose AT&T, logged in successfully and it said my TV screen would refresh, ready to stream.  But TV screen refreshed and came back to the same initial welcome screen, i.e. Renew Subscription or Connect Your Provider.  Tried a few more times same results, I gave up.  Anyone getting update successfully thru AT&T?

11 REPLIES 11
CintheH

Re: Anyone got Max working on Roku thru AT&T (connect your provider option)?

Same issue here. Max support said to try back later as they were seeing lots of issues with AT&T customers.

JohnL1
Channel Surfer

Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone 👍

cemart

Same here

Kenya76

It's not even giving me an update screen how do I update it so I can log in

0 Kudos
JohnL1
Channel Surfer

On, Roku, highlight HBOmax,  press *, select Check for updates

0 Kudos
Ktoe

Same here. I deleted the Roku app/channel and downloaded it again. Still can’t log in. Doesn’t work on a PC browser either. It does work on my iPhone and iPad tho so probably will be worked out soon (fingers crossed).

0 Kudos
JohnL1
Channel Surfer

Trying to contact max chat support is a joke, kept sending the chat support request from person to person, without any real resolution.  

0 Kudos
dgwerntz

Really annoying. The fact that max.com on the computer knows that you're "All Done" and "Signed in and ready to start streaming" says the problem is Max, not AT&T. Just another case of unnecessary "rebranding" that does nothing but screw up things that at least sort of worked before.

0 Kudos
JohnL1
Channel Surfer

Update: 5/34/23 7a Pacific

This issue is now resolved, I was able to " Connect my provider" (AT&T) and activate MAX streaming successfully for all 3 of my Roku Ultras.

0 Kudos