Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunnygirl1
Reel Rookie

Ambient Sleep Center Channels Dont Work

Jump to solution

Despite horrid ratings & constant negative feedback, neither of the #ambient sleep center or relaxation channels work.  WHY ARE THEY INCLUDED ON ROKU THEN? Videos or sound wont play or even turn on.  When will it be fixed? Otherwise dump those channels.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ambient Sleep Center Channels Dont Work

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with this channel. We're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact the channel support and inquire further as they are the best ones who could help with their channel functionality and availability on the Roku platform.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sunnygirl1 

Both the Ambient Sleep Channel (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/977f00cd37006a197500bc65b75840f8/ambient-sleep-channel) and the Ambient Relaxation Channel (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/95d3c6762d38d81e4cc64f272e69750e/ambient-relaxation-channel) do seem to be not working.

Wasn't able to find a contact for either of these channels.

----

Satisfying Sleep (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/95a1016c8932769d6418f13e3d7bbd94/satisfying-sleep) is a pretty good free channel/app for background sounds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

traceexistence
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why doesn't Satisfying Sleep app have more details? Are the premium videos included when you pay $2.99 for ad free use? It's unreal that I can't find this simple answer to a simple question for a PAYING consumer...?? Make the details more clear, please, rather than simply saying that "SERVICE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES" non-answer on the description page.

Sunnygirl1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar

thx. Appreciate your research. I wouldnt even know how to begin!

its incredibly frustrating that roku doesnt have a proper customer service dept to help with these things. I dont have the bandwidth or knowledge how to fix stupid roku issues. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with this channel. We're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact the channel support and inquire further as they are the best ones who could help with their channel functionality and availability on the Roku platform.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
traceexistence
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For my question, this is not helpful. Perhaps you weren't replying to me? There is no contact info for the app in question, I contacted their parent company, & have heard nothing back after a week. If Roku has apps that take payments, they should have their contact info should the need arise. Unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.