Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Egui
Binge Watcher

Re: Amazon prime not available on Roku Ultra in Germany

@renojim , 

I understand from your answer that Roku has the Amazon video application enabled in only 19 countries out of a total of more than 200 countries in the world. And I think that with this deficit instead of increasing Roku users it will do the opposite. For my part and other users we are not going to buy more Roku devices.

And I'm only talking about the Amazon Video app, what about the other major apps?

Roku should have a clearer exposure to understand which apps do not work in countries.

0 Kudos
Egui
Binge Watcher

Can the Amazon Video app be automatically deleted when traveling to another country?

Hi,

If I live in a country where I use Roku Premiere and the Amazon Video app works fine, is it possible that if I travel to another country where the Amazon Video app is not available for Roku, the app will be automatically deleted from Roku?

If the Amazon Video application or another application is automatically deleted, is there a way to prevent the applications from being deleted? Is there any method, or hidden menu so that the applications are not deleted?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can the Amazon Video app be automatically deleted when traveling to another country?

@Egui wrote:

Hi,

If I live in a country where I use Roku Premiere and the Amazon Video app works fine, is it possible that if I travel to another country where the Amazon Video app is not available for Roku, the app will be automatically deleted from Roku? ...

No. The app won't be deleted. It simply won't run properly (if at all).

Remember, the app developer (Amazon) is the one that decides where it works and where it doesn't work. And if they choose to not support Roku in a certain country, that is Amazon's call, not Roku's. Roku doesn't care, and doesn't stop Netflix or others that choose to support in more countries.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
vinodkumarK
Reel Rookie

Same problem in Qatar...!!!

Purchased Roku and Amazon prime and some other apps are not available. 

Home screen is totally looks different than the other users in other countries. 

Search option not available in the Roku Home screen. 

Very disappointed...!!!

Waste of Money...!!!

0 Kudos
vinodkumarK
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Channel provider (Amazon Prime Video) says the same template - the channels are available all the regions and contact Roku customer service...!!!

Passing the ball is easy, there is no money loss for the providers - its for the customers. 

All the best..

Note : I am using the same template pasted in Amazon Prime video customer service. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Panos1
Reel Rookie

was using amazon prime video last time I went to my holiday house and app worked. I assume that the problem is not  Roku. 

Never the less I cant say the same regarding Roku video app which is disabled overseas (playing video fails though I can use the app)

you have to use vpn and give home address abroad (e.g USA)

this is how it is. GEOBlock. Solution will cost you and not worth the fuss.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@vinodkumarK wrote:

@RokuDanny-R 

Channel provider (Amazon Prime Video) says the same template - the channels are available all the regions and contact Roku customer service...!!!

Sorry, the Amazon customer service agent didn't tell the truth. Prime Video is not available in all regions, and it's Amazon that controls that, not Roku. 

Roku is only officially supported in three European countries: France, Germany and the United Kingdom. If a Roku device works in any other European country, it's simply luck. Some channels, such as YouTube, are available world wide. But the vast majority have content licensing issues that does not allow them to stream the content "everywhere". 

Buying any electronic device in a country that isn't officially supported is going to be hit or miss about what will work. Depending on the device, it could be fully functional, but most devices are going to have regional limitations. And the device provider cannot alter anything to change that fact. They have to follow the requirements of the location.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.