Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TraceyO
Channel Surfer

Adding channel to Roku channel on Samsung TV

I signed up for Brit Box special through Roku. Therefore, your sign in does not work on Brit Box, only Roku.

I was able to add the Brit Box channel onto the Roku channel through the Roku soundbar I have in one room. Yet when I pull up my Roku channel account on my Samsung TV, it is not there.

I should be able to "add a channel" to the Roku channel, but the button or access to add a channel is not on the Roku channel app which I loaded into my Samsung TV.

If Roku cannot add this channel to their app, they should not sell these add on's that you can only access if you are sitting in front of the TV that has a Roku device on it. I ONLY paid for this to watch it in the other room - not sit in the kitchen 24/7.

Also - chat does not work on Roku and there is no customer service number. And they want me to go buy 5 more Roku devices for my entire house when I can't get any customer service? Uh = Okay.

4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Adding channel to Roku channel on Samsung TV

The Roku channel is just one of many channels available on a Roku device. It is not equivalent to a Roku device - just a subset.

If you want to watch a specific content company on a variety of platforms, then it is better to subscribe directly with the content company and log-in on the various devices.  Paying through Roku, Apple TV, Amazon etc. only works on their respective platforms.

0 Kudos
TraceyO
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply.

My question was how to add a channel to the Roku Channel when loaded on another platform.

If you are not able to load these channels onto the Roku Channel when not streaming on a Roku specific device, why is Roku selling these subscriptions? If you can load the Roku channel app onto your phone (a non-Roku device) are they saying that all of the add on subscriptions you pay to access only on Roku are not available? If so, they need to specifically let people know this BEFORE they pay for add ons or maybe give us some customer service. The chat doesn't work and there are no answers to my question.

This whole issue has sealed the deal that I will NOT be purchasing Roku for all of my home TV's as I cut the cord. I should be able to log into my account and access all of my add-ons wherever I want or what is the point of streaming? I have cable in 5 rooms of my house. I can watch on every single tv. I have a Roku account with add ons and cannot watch them anywhere but the kitchen. Sounds great.

Strega
Roku Guru

The choice is yours.  As I said before, if you don’t like using a specific platform and paying through their payment system – then choose not to.  This is a well-known feature/issue of buying stuff through platform payment systems.  For some people, it works fine since many people only have a single TV or are willing (and even prefer) a single platform/UI if they have multiple TVs.  Multi-platform enthusiasts such as yourself, would be better served by buying directly from the content providers.

TraceyO
Channel Surfer

Thank you again for responding.

Your answers are not being helpful. Not all of us are aware of what you call "well known feature/ issue". I do not watch ANY streaming/tv on my phone, so how would I know this wouldn't work on another device that streams the Roku channel? I mean when you have the Roku channel app available on different platforms and can sign in, it should bring your ENTIRE channel over. How am I supposed to know this BEFORE I purchase? Especially when they have no one to contact BEFORE the purchase.

"As I said before, if you don’t like using a specific platform and paying through their payment system – then choose not to." Thanks for reminding me that you didn't answer the question in your first reply. I have a Netflix subscription that I get through my T-Mobile account. It works on all of my TVs. When I sign in on a different TV, somehow everything I have watched or saves follows it. So I naturally assumed that when I sign into my Roku channel on any device, my channels and programs would be accessible. My apologies for being new to streaming.

I don't know what fun you get trolling Roku community to tell people they are stupid. I came on here for a solution, not to be told REPEATEDLY something that you think that I knew prior to subscribing. I didn't have that information or I wouldn't have subscribed. And then I simply wanted some customer service, which I also cannot get.

So enjoy your chubby over coming on and being superior to new people. Good for you.