Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pubichair

Ad experience inappropriate for children

My children are watching an animated movie on the Roku channel and so far there have been advertisements for an uterine fibroids medication, pubic hair removal, and a political PAC. Why? Why in the world are there ads during children's programming? They don't have any money and the interruption annoys me so much I swear off the product or company. We aren't going to watch anything else on the Roku channel until there are people monitoring this; if it were up to me we'd drop Roku altogether and go back to our old streaming system.

2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ad experience inappropriate for children

Hi @pubichair,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the ads or commercials on the Roku channel. We're happy to help. Please specify which content or movie the ads or commercials are showing. What is the time frame in which the ads or commercials came out? Could you give us a photo or video of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rockinmom

Re: Ad experience inappropriate for children

For the LOVE!! My 6 yo grandson enjoys watching kids plays video games on the free Roku channel but he was shaken by an ad for the SCREAM channel. What in the world is going on with your people in programming this “free” channel?!  I will have to delete your channel and encourage my friends if this continues. Completely ridiculous.