Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjwires
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ Fails to play media on Roku TV after update

Jump to solution

@Matt469 - Many Roku devices are now offering a manual rollback to 10.0, but it didn't help me with the AMC+ problem, and others have reported the same thing. So it's probably not worth it at this point.

dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I posted early this morning from my phone but I don't see the post I did a full reset again from my Roku TVC107X TCL Model 43S425 SW V 10.5.0 Build 4201-93. After putting the email and passwords back in for 6 services I was able to play from the AMC+ app. I do not see a change in the build number from Roku or the AMC+ app.Roku 20211128_003602.jpgAMC+ 20211128_003137.jpg

lordlich

Jump to solution

Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER, i also get this error factory reset does not work. Are the idiots at roku toO dumb to know how to test their updates, then they assume we have not tried factory reset`s or removing and reinstalling the channel? FIX YOU C R A P  OR I WILL NEVER BUY ROKU AGAIN. i HAVE 10.0 BY THE WAY.

0 Kudos
eggwhites57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try going into settings, then privacy, then advertising, then make sure limit ad tracking is unchecked.  Reset the advertising identifier then restart the roku.  Didn't even have to remove or reinstall the AMC+ app.  I have a 4880 and that worked for me.

ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didnt like doing it but i can confirm that this worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip

0 Kudos
Jericho
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Someone found a simple solution that worked for me and others:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/I-keep-getting-error-code-403-when-t...

No factory resets.

EEinWall

Jump to solution

Shut the "ad tracker" off in Privacy settings and reset the ad tracker id.  Worked on each of my Roku devices!  This is also why a factory reset should work. 

0 Kudos
dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I changed the advertising option in the Privacy selection on my Roku 4 to limit ad tracking and AMC+ stopped working. Un-selecting the option and it started working again. Question for a Roku person. Is that AMC forcing us to have ads?

JenActually
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

AMC (or Roku?) is forcing us to allow ad tracking. 

0 Kudos
ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its not that simple, neither are "forcing" anybody to do anything. Amc developed the app to work on roku systems, roku updated their operating system but amc didnt update their app to work with the new OS, the AMC app needs to be updated and Roku needs to work with their developers when they decide they want to update their OS. This isnt some conspiracy by either company its just poor management of an update

0 Kudos