Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olschke

Re: Peacock TV not available on Roku 1 2710X ?

Jump to solution

I have a fairly new model 3700X. No PeacockTV in the store. Do I need to go with a different streaming device or is this fixable

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock TV not available on Roku 1 2710X ?

Jump to solution

@Olschke wrote:

I have a fairly new model 3700X. No PeacockTV in the store. Do I need to go with a different streaming device or is this fixable

3700x is the first  Roku Express model, released in 2016.  Peacock supports Roku Express models 3900, the 2017 Express model, and later.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dencorbro

Re: You can now add Peacock to Roku

Jump to solution

Peacock aint worth a **bleep**. Don"t waste your time

0 Kudos
twin_pat

Help, I installed Peacock TV but it does not appear on my TV as streaming.

Jump to solution

Help, I installed Peacock TV but it does not appear on my TV as streaming.

0 Kudos
gnatty

Re: Help, I installed Peacock TV but it does not appear on my TV as streaming.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, but no one seems willing or able to address it. 

Do you know if it has anything to do with the Roku used? For instance is there a more updated Roku that gets these installed channels but older ones that don't? 

0 Kudos
Jx3mom
Reel Rookie

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

Even adding it to my account online.. its not showing up

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

@andyross wrote:

A direct link to the channel add is here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/593099/peacock-tv

Note the misleading information provided by Peacock that this channel is "free".  Read THE WHOLE page before signing up.

[EDIT -- I have now installed this channel and see that the initial installation provides access to their free, more limited, ad-supported tier.  To subscribe to the higher tiers requires additional, separate action on the part of the viewer.]

https%3A%2F%2Fimage.roku.com%2Fdeveloper_channels%2Fprod%2Fc04d2b625d0b0c9eae4bab4bd9ff11d61b63fc1d5aec56d5cab399ec5288d5e0

The link signs you up for the Peacock free preview tier currently offered, but further on down you'll see this:

Peacock Premium / Peacock Premium Plus subscription charges may begin at the conclusion of any free trial or promotional period, as may be applicable. You will be charged on a recurring basis. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel. Cancel at any time by visiting your account. By subscribing, you agree to the preceding subscription terms and our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

These are the normal terms for most any subscription service but those who sign up without reading the conditions they are agreeing to will be caught unaware,

This all means that to subscribe to Peacock Premiere, you must pay. after a 7 day trial period. So any program with a blue key next to it means that you have to subscribe to Peacock Premiere to watch it. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CJred wrote:

After the announcement of Peacock to Roku, i got a notification from Peacock that its now available on ROKU however when I search for it in my roku app, i don't see it. I have updated by app today 09-21-2020. can someone advise, how to get this?

you have to go to the top of the app or go to peacocktv.com and sign up with your email and your password. Then you can sign in with your email and password on the Roku app. 

ww.peacocktv.com/?cid=20200715takeflightownemail238&utm_source=brz&utm_medium=own_email_lfcy_eml&utm_campaign=20200715takeflight&utm_term=peacocksubscriber_peacocksubscribernew

0 Kudos
tallyn3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Peacock works on my oldest model but not my newest purchase! 

The Roku MSNBC streaming does not work - there are always issues with either video, audio or both. Comcast is like a sorry trend in our culture right now - saying one thing and doing another. I will never go back to cable!

0 Kudos
tobeysdad

Jump to solution

Did you get an answer? I have it installed too and can watch it but it does not show on my home screen.

Thx in advance.

0 Kudos