Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fairfox21
Reel Rookie

Roku Live Tv channels blocked

I will like to know if Roku blocks channels by region or tru ISP? The issue is that when I am using my cell phone internet I an see all the channels in "Roku Live TV" but when I get home and switch to wifi more than half of the channels are not available, I have a Roku Tv , and two other Rokus at home and all of them connected to the same network (wifi) and non of them have available this channels, once I switch back tu mobile internet I can see them, I called my ISP and they did a test and scan on the modem to see if there were any restrictions and found nothing! So, the only thing left is to see if the issue is from Roku itself. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Live Tv channels blocked

@fairfox21 

Roku devices use your network's DNS. If you are physically in a location where Roku Channel content is authorized, then you should work with your ISP to ensure that your IP address or their DNS servers are correct.

If you are physically outside an area where the Roku Channel content in question is not authorized, well then it's responding as it should and there is no issue.

Provide some details and we'll attempt to help determine what, if anything, can be done to ensure you get what you are authorized to get.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@fairfox21 

Some channels may be being inadvertently hidden or filtered.

Try going to the Roku Channel LiveTV guide, navigate all the way to the left (to the channel number) and press the * button on your Roku Remote to bring up Options menu.

Select "Filter", then "All Channels" to see if that gets you all the channels.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
fairfox21
Reel Rookie

I tried that,Since I started using Roku Guide tv I've selected my favorite channels,  but this menu doesn't help.

fairfox21
Reel Rookie

How do I know I'm in a physically outside an area where the Roku Channel content in question is not authorized. Also , as I mentioned before, I use my mobile internet in my cellphone and can see all the channels, once i connect to the wifi of my home ISP there not available, I can see the channel in the guide but no streamming of it!

0 Kudos
renojim

Generally your location is identified by your IP address.  Using the cell phone network for an Internet connection can give you an IP address that could be identified as being almost anywhere and probably doesn't reflect your true location.  You can use one of the geolocation services to see where your home IP address is being located.

https://www.iplocation.net/
https://www.geolocation.com/
https://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/

Try more than one.  Location by IP address is a very inexact science.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fairfox21
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but the location is that the issue , really is if I am in a NO AUTHORIZED CONTENT LOCATION. Roku does not provide that info , as far as I searched. Also, when I use my cellphone internet (AT&T) I used it right at my home (by which I see the channels in question ),  where I have my home ISP, that's different .

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@fairfox21 

Are you in the USA? If so, you're authorized to the content for which Roku Channel has USA rights. If you're in another country, you're authorized to see the content for which Roku Channel has right for that country.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos