Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ma62

Remote lost. Now I can't access local channels via phone because my internet is off.

Why this Roku tv has no control buttons. Everything is remote. No one to call remote is lost. Returned from vacation internet is off. Unfortunately prior to vacation had visitors remote was lost therefore I used my android to watch TV. But left on mute can't even hear the local channels. I can see the picture no sound. I can do without internet for awhile but can't even access local channels. Now this is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Re: Remote lost. Now I can't access local channels via phone because my internet is off.

Roku does not make TVs. If you lost the remote then contact the manufacture. Who is the manufacture of your TV? My TCL Roku TV has a physical button right behind the TCL logo. You can also buy a universal remote from Walmart. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote lost. Now I can't access local channels via phone because my internet is off.

@ma62 

You have to use a remote to connect a Roku device -- whether standard Roku box or stick, or a Roku TV -- to your network. If your remote is missing or inoperable, you'll have to get a replacement.

The complication with a Roku TV is that they don't use the same IR codes as Roku boxes, meaning if you found a universal remote that supported Roku, it wouldn't work on your Roku TV. You'd need to find one that worked with the manufacturer brand.

Or, you could opt for a Roku Voice Remote ($20). They're compatible with all Roku devices, including Roku TVs. You can pick one up at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, or a number of other retailers. You could be back in operation tonight.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos