Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aboysick
Streaming Star

Re: Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

I think it's a bug too. Last night when I switched from antenna I got the background screen on the home screen and no icons at all. I went back to antenna and it was just a blank screen. I finally had to unplug it and everything came back afterwards. This is really annoying and TCL is no help at all. I'll never by another tv of there's again!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I will occasionally see the same issue with Prime Video on my 32" S-Series TCL Roku TV. Others have mentioned deleting apps to save some memory resources, but I have 60+ apps on my S-Series and it only happens rarely and only with the Prime Video app. When it does occur I find that doing a RESTART will correct the issue. SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER -- SYSTEM RESTART -- RESTART. The same as pulling the plug, but you just need your remote to get it accomplished. Probably not a bad idea to just perform a RESTART/REBOOT of this older device weekly to clear out any cobwebs that build up. I still think this is a Prime VIdeo / Roku OS bug more than deleting a large portion of the apps you have installed.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I will occasionally see the same issue with Prime Video on my 32" S-Series TCL Roku TV. Others have mentioned deleting apps to save some memory resources, but I have 60+ apps on my S-Series and it only happens rarely and only with the Prime Video app. When it does occur I find that doing a RESTART will correct the issue. SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER -- SYSTEM RESTART -- RESTART. The same as pulling the plug, but you just need your remote to get it accomplished. Probably not a bad idea to just perform a RESTART/REBOOT of this older device weekly to clear out any cobwebs that build up. I still think this is a Prime VIdeo / Roku OS bug more than deleting a large portion of the apps you have installed.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
jheard901

Jump to solution

blade_005's solution fixed the issue I was having for my Roku 55C807. I was able to hear the audio for inputs in HDMI 1, 2, or 3, but the video was not displaying. Restarting through the Power menu fixed this problem. Thanks!

Jump to solution

I was having this same issue. Not sure if using Amazon Prime is what caused the app icons to disappear, but using the reset option fixed the issue.

Jump to solution

Thxs it worked

0 Kudos
RokeUltra
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it is a hardware problem. I took back a roku  that was working fine for a price difference at costco, but they made me get a new one, and the new one has this problem and would not work 1 touch  correctly like my previous Roku ultra, which not only turned on the tv, but then switched to the ROKU input. The new doesn't do that, but it will jump to ROKU once the TV is turned on but not from when the TV is completely off.  Also, the Roku has switch to Roku while we were watching regular TV.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you. This worked

0 Kudos