Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVStreamer
Reel Rookie

Re: Eyestream TV - legal?

I always laugh when I see people post “it’s licensed” for these types of sites.   Licensed from who exactly? Definitely not the networks or copyright holders.  

I’m sure ESPN licensed their $75 monthly UFC PPVs that they have exclusive rights too allow them to give away every month. They won’t even let cable companies offer the events on PPV.  

I’m sure the NFL lets them give away Sunday Ticket to everyone too.  They won’t even let DirecTV who is paying billions of dollars put it on DirecTV Stream but for eyestream of course! LOL

Eyestream doesn’t have to worry about Network affiliate contracts that don’t allow out of market locals, they just let you view them all!  But yes networks “licensed” this to them, funny if they did that the affiliates can and would sue….  They also carry the Canadian Sports Networks in the USA which they don’t even hold USA rights to a majority of their programming….

Yep licensed all right!   If you wanna run a site like that / sign up that’s your business  you know what your doing, but really dislike anyone who is dishonest and try’s to sell it legit to unsuspecting customers who have no idea the service is not legit. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Looks like this channel has now been removed from the Roku Channel Store.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RAIST5150
Channel Surfer

Story from Atlanta is things went sideways getting a new version of the app up.  Since it could still be a couple weeks before that gets corrected, they are offering prorated refunds for Roku users that wish to cancel service until the new app goes up.  Subscribers can call or email their support channels for assistance with that.

0 Kudos
Prez

Thank you for the update. I reached out to Eyestream customer service via text and email this afternoon and still have not heard back. 

0 Kudos
Tonytimmins1
Reel Rookie

Roku says channel no longer available. Anyone else having problems?!

0 Kudos
ClintSeeber
Reel Rookie

They are licensed by the government to be in business. You're the only person in the world that doesn't know what that means. 

0 Kudos
ClintSeeber
Reel Rookie

Okay. I want to explain to everyone how companies like Eyestream and TVAPP (a similar but even cheaper service that I am currently using work). These companies pay for single subscriptions to the large, corporate-like streaming services, such as one month subscriptions to packages from Sling, Fubo, Hulu etc. and package all of the content together and sell it to their own customers at a deep discount. This works because they only have to pay for a single subscription to all services, which they can then repackage and resale to as many customers as they want to. So, having a lot of subscribers is how these companies make money. It works, because people are tired of paying a lot of money for television content and are looking to save money. The PPVs and stuff work the same. They pay for a single viewing of the PPV and then include it in their package at no extra charge. If the company is paying $500 per month for all of their content and reselling it for $25 per month, then they only need 20 monthly subscribers in order to break even. If there are 1000 paying customers, then you're making a lot of money. 

Please note that all of this perfectly legal to do as long as you have a business license. It's only illegal or "pirated" to resale streaming content that you are NOT legally paying for. 

0 Kudos
ClintSeeber
Reel Rookie

There is one more thing that I must tell everyone. These kind of streaming television services such as Eyestream and TVAPP by  NOLA TECH are also not regular streaming services. They are what is called IPTV (Internet Protocol Television). IPTV services are the cheapest television services available. 

0 Kudos