Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dap1
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

This is for Danny in response to his wants:

I have a Model RC-AL2

I have removed all the channels I rarely use.

BUT, I can not get YouTube OR SLING to load. Both are important channels with SLING being the most used...in the past.

They get to the Loading page and either just say zero or say zero and then 100 very fast and then says "can't run channel".

You say you want a screenshot. A screenshot of what page? There's nothing that I can see of interest in these pages. They are all the same for channels that don't load.

dap1

Laurens35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working for me after trying all the steps. I tried to open the regular YT channel and even that is giving me an error message now. I also removed YTTV and now can’t even find it when searching in the channels. Are there other fixes? Two days and no fix. 

Gfulgium

Jump to solution

I have done this and it tells me no updates needed my other roku works just this one I did check for system updates and it says all updated software versions 10.0.0

Jardinero1

Jump to solution

This does not work.   I have tried this fix just moments ago and the result is the same.   Prime Video and Apple TV are the two channels that cannot make the network connection.   The other channels work fine.   FYI, I have updated multiple times, restarted Roku, restarted my router, I even did a factory reset and tediously reinstalled my channels.   

Novap3

Jump to solution

As of the evening of 9/16/21, problem has not been resolved. Roku Danny, I've done everything recommended, but no luck! Still unable to run Prime.

Theram
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Your fix didn't work.  Still get "Can't run channel".

Maryann1

Jump to solution

Some channels like Roku and Hallmark Movies Now load but still getting error for Prime which is my favorite as it plays without commercials. Tried update but it says software is up to date even though last update was no June. This is very frustrating. Roku was my favorite platform/streaming device. Now I’m glad I bought a Fire TV when I didn’t realize there were Roku TVs out there. 

0 Kudos
NVV
Channel Surfer

Couldn't load because can't be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Im getting the error," can't run app because it couldn't be reinstalled from the network." I check the network but I get nothing. I did the manual update, I've factory reset my box multiple times, I've uninstalled, reset, I then reinstalled. NOTHING. This is on multiple apps, Prime Video, PBSkids, Sling even! Im paying for services that I can't use right now! This stated yesterday 9/15/21. I can't contact Roku directly and issues they say are fixed don't seem to get fixed. I can't even upload a picture of the issue,  WTHeck! HELP!

Sutomlin
Reel Rookie

Re: Couldn't load because can't be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Same.  Even "The Roku Channel" doesn't work for me 😞

stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

it's called sloppy code and they have a script to read.

0 Kudos