Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bulldog42
Reel Rookie

video doorbell attachment to the wall mounted back plate

The back-plate for the video doorbell can be removed with somewhat difficulty from the doorbell as there is access to the rear of the back-plate device and a screwdriver can be used to manipulate the catch. However, once the doorbell has been installed to a back-plate that is attached to the door surround, there does not appear to be a way to remove the doorbell from the back-plate short of physically breaking the doorbell or the back-plate.

Please tell me this is not the manufacturer's solution.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: video doorbell attachment to the wall mounted back plate

Supposedly, you press hard inwards and up.  That's just why I've heard/read.  I don't have one to try it on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bulldog42
Reel Rookie

Hi Thanx for the response.

What you suggest wont work as there is a latching mechanism that prevents the doorbell moving relative to the back board and pressing on the doorbell wont deactivate the latch.

I've given up with this device, its the wrong size and will not take the place of a RING device because of  its size. Its more suitable for a Barbie Doll house than a house for normal humans.

0 Kudos
went

I have the opposite problem; the doorbell works great for us, but the attachment to the wall-mounted back plate doesn't seem secure. The tiny screw at the base doesn't seem to be prevent the doorbell/camera from occasionally falling off the back plate.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.